Every individual has a dream of building a home, and while it is quite a daunting task to save funds for buying a home, a home loan bridges the gap to bring you closer to your dream home. Depending on the need and affordability, each individual has plenty of options to choose from when it comes to home loans.
A home/housing loan, also known as a mortgage loan, is an amount of money borrowed by an individual, usually from banks and financial institutions that lend money at a certain rate of interest to be paid in easy monthly installments every month. The same property is taken as a security by Banks / FI for the home loan.
Types of Home Loans:
- Construction Loan: This is the type of loan required when you are planning to build a new house/office.
- Purchase Loan: This is the type of loan required when you are planning to buy a plot of land for constructing a new house/office.
- Resale Loan: A Resale Home Loan is given against a home that was previously owned by another person.
- Balance Transfer (BT) / Top-Up: This type of facility is helpful when you want to transfer the outstanding principal amount to another bank/financial institution and save on the interest rates.
- Plot Loan: These are the type of loans specifically aimed at buying plots of land.
- Refinance: Home Loan refinancing means paying off your existing home loan with a new loan available at a better interest rate.
Benefits of Home Loan:
- Tax Benefits
- Lower Interest Rate
- Long Repayment Tenure
- Balance Transfer Facility